Monday, March 21, 2011

Well... Ch-ch-changes


My GOALS, as of 2/1/11:
  1.  Lose 25-50 pounds
  2. Become pregnant
  3. Buy houseHouse-hunt, decide and close!
  4. Go back to school for teaching
  5. Strengthen marriage
  6. Get E in pre-school
  7. Fun trip, not to see family
  8. More active in singing/theater Pull the trigger and audition already
  9. Refine obligations at church
  10. Pay down debts (2 ccs just one credit card left! & car)

#1 & #2 don’t so much work well together. And I REALLY want to get pregnant (and after a positive trip to the lady doctor last week, this is HIGH on my list), so I’m switching #1 to “gain control over eating and exercise 3+ times a week”. I think this will not only eventually lead to weight loss, and make a future pregnancy better. 

As for #3, we are under contract for a house right now!! We’ve had the inspection and have sent it back to the seller to make some changes and should hear back today (except it is already after 5:00 PM) or tomorrow! FX! If When we get the house, #3 will morph into making the house a home. Also WHEN we get the house, I’ll post a multitude of details about it. But until we close and I have keys in my hand, #3 will stay as “buy a house”.

#4... Huge changes. Like, deserves its own post. *sigh*

I think #5 is a lifelong goal. I doubt that’ll ever leave my list.

I am not sure what I mean by #6, so I guess that needs more thought? 

I have several trips in the works for #7. Pharmacy Phriend is coming out with her sister and cousins, and they asked me to vacay with them, hotel and all. Its not leaving CO, but there is so much to see here, so I am cool with that! Also, with Pharm Phriend, I’ll hopefully be doing something (although not until next January) with 2 other of our HS friends. One of them will be celebrating 5 years of sobriety and we think that deserves something! And I am trying to get to NYC in the Fall to see many friends, eat and just in general, have fun!! Maybe we can swing The Hubs coming with?!

As for #8... I had an audition all ready to go, but the timing was off with our (hopeful... FX) move. I am unsure of theater. Most are off for the summer now, so I’ll have to think about it. 

I am all for #9. There are huge liturgical changes rolling out this year for all English speaking Roman Catholic parishes. I am REALLY looking forward to it! But its going to be hard work, so I’ll have to step back from some of my other obligations. 

Still cranking along on #10. This (hopeful) house purchase will push that along quite a bit faster!
So the updated list:
  1.  Lose 25-50 pounds Focus on eating well and being active 3+ times a week
  2. Become pregnant (I think The Hubs is cool with working on this)
  3. House-hunt, decide and close! uber FX
  4. Go back to school for teaching Watch for a post on this
  5. Strengthen marriage
  6. Get E in pre-school (?)
  7. Fun trip, not to see family (in the planning stages)
  8. More active in singing/theater (hold for the summer?)
  9. Refine obligations at church
  10. Pay down debts (just one credit card left! & car)

Sayonara, suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment