#5 Let go.
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
(Author: Alice
Bradley)
Truthfully,
I had to brainstorm on this one. I had to confer with The Hubs and a BFF. There
are a lot of things I am *trying* to let go of. Mamma-Guilt. Perfectionism. Countless
pounds of weight. Food addiction. Caring what others think. I could go on, but
I don’t want to bore you. Finally, The Hubs made a suggestion, and it worked.
I
love Iowa . It
is my home. Its in my blood. My massive and crazy extended family is there. My
parents (and ½ of E-Boos grandparents) are there. I have friend everywhere, but
the friends there have known me FOREVER. Before I became a mom, before I was a
wife, before I could drive, before puberty even. That kind of friendship is
hard to come by. The area is familiar. The teams that I root for are there.
Basically, since the day I left Iowa ,
I wanted to move back. And having a kiddo has made these feelings more intense.
Last
summer I spent nearly two weeks at the homestead with E-Boo, sans The Hubs. He
did a tour of some plants for work. It was a perfect idea – he is gone and
knocking out visits, I’m not at home alone, E-Boo and Nonna & Grandpa get
lots of QT.
10
days is a LONG time. I was carless, so I was dependant on Mommy & Daddy
driving me around. E-Boo was thrown off of his schedule (and missing Daddy, of
course). It was August, so it was hot & humid. Obviously if we moved back,
we wouldn’t be living in the basement at my parents, and we would have a car,
but still. Something didn’t seem RIGHT.
I
missed Colorado .
I missed the dry weather. I missed our church & friends. I missed the
beautiful scenery (although fields of corn is equally amazing to see). Iowa wasn’t HOME.
So,
I am over it (for now). I know, being the only-child, I’ll likely end up there
when my parents grow older to help them out. I hope to God that is many years
away, for everyone’s sake. But for now, Colorado
is Home.
Also,
I let go of soda!! I have had maybe a half a dozen servings since October 1st!
Yay me!

No comments:
Post a Comment