Thursday, December 2, 2010

*jumping on bandwagon*


 The website reverb10.com is helping bloggers out. Sending daily prompts throughout December with ideas on which to blog. My friends are doing it, so I must too. As I’ve admitted, I’m not very good with longevity, so we’ll see how I do. Hopefully something coming straight to my inbox each day will help?

Todays prompt:

#1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)

My “one word” for 2010… Growth. I turned 30. My son turned one. The Hubs and I celebrated 3 years of marriage (and 6 years of couple-ness). I learned a lot about myself, my friends, my family. I had new and exciting opportunities in groups that I participate in. I took a class to learn my strengths and how to utilize them. Being terribly technical, I grew, weight-wise. That is one growth I’d rather not have, but it is what it is.

My HOPEFUL “one word” for 2011… Content. My life is pretty great. But it can always be better. Or at least, that is my attitude. I am always looking for the next best thing. I contstantly daydream about the future or fantasy-shop on-line. I need to learn to be happy with NOW. I need to accept and appreciate what I have or don’t have. Not only for myself, but for E-Boo. We aren’t going to have a tremendous Chrsitmas this year. That is ok. Mostly because he is only 23 months old and doesn’t really know better. But even if he were 23 YEARS old, I’d like to think that he would be fine with the little that he might get. Have a nice meal with his family. Celebrate with his friends. Realize the “reason for the season” and still be swept up in the magic of it all.

How? How do I do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment