Friday, May 27, 2011

Taco Pot Pie

I rarely make up recipes. I have to go off of something. Tonight however, I lived on the edge. Woo.

Brown a pound of beef, seasoned with taco seasoning. I don't buy the packets, so I do granulated garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and cumin. What's missing? Corn starch. Which you'll want in this case, so do a dash of that. I added in the veggies I like on tacos - a can of Rotel (to make it easy), a can of corn, diced onion. I'd have liked to add chopped black olives, but The Hubs doesn't really care for them. Next time, I'll add them on top. At this point, I drained the beef. You can do it before adding the veggies, but I like cooking the onion down in the grease. 

Dump all of this into a casserole dish. Then top with a box of prepared corn bread mix (as per the directions). Add a sprinkle of cheese and bake per the corn bread directions (I think it was 15 minutes at 400*). Easy as (shepherd's) pie!

I'd have included a picture, but I nom'ed too fast. Just picture a shepherd's pie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment