Monday, June 6, 2011

Back to the Future


Future self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?)

Five years from now. I’ll be 36. I’ll have been married 9 years. E-boo will be 7 (OMG). Hopefully we have more kids. Really hopefully we have a 4 year old. And are still in Colorado. Owning a home. And are still active in our church. I’d love to have a stronger role in the music ministry, I just feel very comfortable singing to and about God. Hubs keeps talking about furthering his education, but not sure what. Probably an MBA. 

I think he wants me to finish my BA first, and start a career. I’d like to think that by the time my youngest (and E is my youngest, as of now) is in school, I would be back to work FT. Doing what? I don’t know. I have lots of ideas. Wedding planning. Ticketing. HS English Teacher. Marriage counselor. I would be happy doing all of those. I do know for sure, I need to finish my bachelors degree. And I fully intend on doing so. Within the next 5 years. 

I would like to think I’ve lost some weight and regained control of my health. Which would lead to higher confidence. I want to be able to teach my family to eat well. I hope to be more Green. 
Lastly, I hope I’ve been in another play! I miss being on stage! 

So, 10 years ago me. 21 year old me. This seems almost pointless. You can’t really tell a 21 year old ANYTHING. But I’ll start with this. 

Dear drunk/high 21 year old Stacy. Please don’t do drugs. Stay out of the drama (and I don’t mean theater). Be smarter about men. Especially your best-guy-friend that you’re “in love” with. Hooking up with him will do nothing but ruin your friendship, and possibly other friendships. 
And for the love of God. Don’t skip classes, and study more! You’ll be much better off with a damn degree. And you’re not even REMOTELY fat now. So get it in gear TODAY before it only gets worse.
This picture isn't exactly 10 years ago,
but I don't feel like scanning right now
Love, old-married-fat-jobless-31-year-old but somehow-still-happyYou. 
PS: Wear underwear. Because you’re going to get in a car accident. And they’re going to want to take your pants off to check for abrasions and breaks. And you just don’t want to deal with that embarrassment. 
PPS: You have great hair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment