If you liked the Shopaholic
books, you’ll probably love this one. I found it slightly less irritating. Becky in the Shopaholic books gets on my nerves. So much so that I have only
read the 1st three books in the series, I just couldn’t continue. I
wanted to slap her. The main characters,
Lara and Sadie both are just beyond ridiculous at times. But, I muddled
though, and eventually came to love them both!
Lara is a modern
girl in her 20s in London. She is in a pretty bad place at the beginning of the
book; her long-term boyfriend broke up with her, her company is failing and she
is being forced to attend the funeral of some old distant relative that she
barely knew. That relative is Sadie,
who lived to be 105 and died along in a nursing home. Suddenly, at the funeral,
Sadie appears to Lara in ghost-form (as she was when she
was 23), upset over losing her beloved necklace. She simply cannot REST without
this necklace! She forces Lara to
pause the funeral and go on a wild-necklace-chase.
During this chase, both girls learn a lot about life and
love. I recommend Twenties Girl as an
easy, light hearted and eventually touching read. Perhaps stow it away for a
weekend at the beach later this summer?

No comments:
Post a Comment