Tuesday, June 23, 2009

20 Questions

Doesn't it seem like life and its milestones are marked by questions? Typical and well-meaning but annoying as hell.
  • It starts when you're a kid with "how was school" and "what is your favorite subject"...
  • Moves on in your teen years with "who are you dating" and "where are you going for college"...
  • Guess what? Still doesn't stop! "Why aren't you dating" & "What do you do" as a young adult...
  • You finally start dating someone and "when are you getting married" pops up! The second that ring appears you're hearing "when is the big day" and "are you excited" or "how are plans"...
  • No sooner has the champagne popped at the reception and you'll hear "when are you having kids" and "hows married life"...
  • You get all knocked up and "what is it" "when are you due" "boy or girl" "how do you feel" marks those 9 months! pop him or her out and "hows that baby" and "when can i get more pictures" also arrive from the stork.
  • i can only imagine whats to come? "when is the next kid" "how are the kids doing in school"...
  • probably more when you're older about your health, loved ones dying, etc...
Now, I bitch about these, but darn it! I'm as guilty as the next person of asking! I hated few things more than "how are you feeling" when I was pregnant... Because, REALLY? Do you want the answer? But I still ask it of my friends pregnant now! I apologize for that. And I apologize for having been a major bitch when I am asked!

No comments:

Post a Comment