Friday, June 26, 2009

All up in ma grill

I love summer. Summer = grilling season. Grilling = very little cooking for me! Some of our more recent new finds:
  • Grilled potato chips: Clean your spud and slice very thin. Boil for a few minutes. Drain WELL. Cover with a bit of oil and your seasonings (I'm currently hooked on salt, pepper & granulated garlic). Throw on the grill until charred to your liking.
  • Corn on the cob: This isn't your usual boiled corn. Yuck! If you can do it carefully, peel back the husks, but don't remove. Cover in butter (or oil, or in Paula Deans case, MAYO), seasonings (we do salt, cayenne, paprika) parm cheese... if you can, cover back up with the husks. If you can't (like me!) just wrap it up in tinfoil. Throw on the grill for about 10 minutes? You'll never boil your corn again.
  • Pizza: You can do this any variety of ways... The easiest is simply a frozen pizza on the grill until done! What a great dinner! Or you can make your dough, throw it on until just barely crisp, then remove, cover and finally cook the rest of the way. Pair with a salad and what a fantastic dinner!
  • Fruit kabobs: Remember with kabobs, soak your stick for a while first so it doesn't char. String up some fruits (I prefer strawberries, bananas and pineapple) and pop onto the grill until just charred. I serve this up with dippers of honey and Nutella. Yum!
  • Fruit pie: I haven't made this, but just heard about it. I'll try it out asap and let you know!
Get out there and grill! Its the best, by far!

No comments:

Post a Comment