We've already made some progress on the house!
We painted the master bedroom - from 90s mauve to a lovely dove grey. It looks a bit blue in pictures, but its not!
 |
| Mauve-tastic |
 |
| Relaxing gray! |
We painted E-Boos room from a shocking aqua to a moderate khaki that can grow with him (and added a cute vinyl wall cling).
 |
| Diva's Aqua |
 |
| Perfect! |
We have changed the doorknobs and hinges from icky (no offense) brass to a cool and modern brushed nickel.
 |
| Brass Ugly |
 |
| Smooth Silver |
In the two rooms we've painted, we've switched the 90s almond switches and plugs to fresh white ones that are tamper proof.
 |
| GROSS |
 |
| Pretty |
More plans, by room (you may want to get a drink or something):
- My office - paint "Tiffany" blue, remove shelves, storage system in closet, sparkly chandelier for light, ladder desk & shelves, craft/work table, reading chair. Color scheme - "Tiffany" blue, black, white and pops of (what else?) pink!
- Master bedroom - king sized upholstered bed, wall of curtains at window, bench at end of the bed OR a sitting chair. Not sure on art. Wedding collage (shadow box, signature frame, preserved wedding bouquet) or big black & white photos? Color scheme - grey & plum with yellow & lime accents.
- Master bath - tile floor & shower, build shelves on wall between sinks, take down oddly places towel bars & mirrors, more storage under sinks, freshen up cabinets, counters, hardware. Color scheme - spa green, blue, grey, etc. I have some lovely photos of the ocean from a friend that would be pretty in here.
- E-Boos room - get a "big boy" bed, white crown molding at ceiling, art and other things on walls. Scheme - navy & lime with touches of red. Stars for now, more of a super hero thing when he's older.
- Guest room - Build a closet office for The Hubs in the closet. Our current queen bed & nightstand for guests. Not sure on color scheme. The Hubs can have his way (mostly) with this one. Orange, yes. Green, yes. Orange and green together? Not so much. Sorry Dude, its not always about the U.
- Hall Bath - we'll leave green, add bead board at a picture rail height, better flooring, maybe tile out the tub, glass door (rather than a curtain), paint cabinet. Scheme - froggies!! But subtle.
- Linen closet - create a better storage system. No idea what/how.
- Laundry room - I'm loving the aqua. Not gonna lie. Better storage on the shelves. HE appliances down the line.
- Kitchen - Are you sitting down? I love the layout. So mostly cosmetic. No idea who decided to not put the tall cabinets in, considering the height of the ceiling. I'd love white cabinets with some glass fronts (to show off the Fiesta Ware my mom gave me!), dark counters, wood floors (carried in from the living room). Matching appliances. Yellow/gold paint, yellow/red/orange tile backsplash. Scheme - colorful, casual!
- Eat-in kitchen area - well, this is pretty open to the kitchen and living room, so it will all be reflected together. I have found a table at Ikea that is a grey-brown finish that I LOVE. I have black chairs that I think would look fun with it. I love the look of a bench at the table. I also want the matching hutch/curio cabinet to showcase/hold more dishes. Totally a better light fixture. Barstools at the breakfast bar.
- Living room - again, this will slightly reflect the kitchen and dining area. I'm looking at a dark tan couch (a sectional would rock) with bright colors. Think of the 'formal' living space at the Dunphy house on Modern Family (yes, I just referenced at TV show) or this mood board. Bright colors in the pillows & rug. Real wood floors (or even laminate) in a dark finish. A ottoman that serves as a coffee table. A bar against the interior wall. A bigger fan.
- Bonus room - this will be a play/toy/game room. We may leave the air-hockey table the previous owners left behind. Lots of room for Wii-ing. I see a pull out sofa for room for more overnight guests. Maybe a black/white/red scheme for The Hubs Coke collection. Built in shelves and window seat at the window wall. I haven't put much thought into it yet.
- Garage - I'll stay out of here. I'm sure The Hubs wouldn't mind better storage? He has mentioned an epoxy floor.
- Backyard - Its pretty awesomely landscaped. I wouldn't mind some seating around the firepit. The Hubs says there is room for a pool. We'll see. Again, major back burner.
Whew! I'm tired just typing it out! The Hubs has been traveling a lot. Either I need to get to learning (and buy some pink tools) or this will all take forever. I can't wait to update with more! Follow me on
Pinterest to watch my ideas flow, and feel free to give your ideas!
I love your ideas! Come do my house next?
ReplyDeleteHome Depot used to have Do It Herself workshops, I took one on painting and another on setting up closet organizers. Plus, they had 20% off coupons for the related supplies, might be worth looking into for your area.
I should really look into that, thanks!
ReplyDeleteJust wait until you see the headboard Chad built! Its drying right now, I'll blog about it soon.